Initiating VeResearch, a global research grant program focused on innovative blockchain technologies and VeChain Thor expansion
Building products with the long term in mind is rarely the result of accepting your own understanding as complete — innovation hardly ever is. The VeChain ecosystem is much the same, it is ever growing, and will be ever changing as technology and adoption continue to grow. VeChain aims to integrate blockchain into all available frontiers to truly disrupt, evolve, and pioneer a new way for the world to do business — the right way. This goal is expansive, growing, and changing daily. And, it is with this understanding that VeChain has to grow and adapt at even faster rate.
Currently, our Chief Scientist, Mr. Zhou Ziheng, runs a lab here at the VeChain headquarters. This lab has produced technological breakthroughs for utilization in VeChain’s public infrastructure, and is developing a variety of different solutions for enterprise use across a spectrum of industries. We could not be more pleased with our team’s performance, growth, and pace. However, in order to achieve what the Foundation has set out to accomplish, we need to join forces with an entire community of contributors and partners. In this effort, VeChain has set out to pioneer the creation of new research frontiers across the world.
It is, and will always be, our goal to empower everyone as VeChain continues to grow. It is with this mindset that we are kicking off our global research grant program, aptly named, VeResearch. We are excited to welcome the world to join forces and grow alongside us in blockchain development.
The goal of VeResearch is to build a global grant program that engages in research with academic communities to do collaborative research for blockchain-related technological advancements. VeChain will be creating a large pool of funding to allocate to parties interested in joining forces with VeChain to research and develop new technologies. The goal is to collaborate with top universities and research labs from around the world. We welcome professors and lead researchers from all fields who are interested in blockchain or blockchain integration to contact us and apply to be a part of the VeResearch program.
We are pleased to let our community know that we already have 4 of the top universities around the world participating in this program, tackling research topics which will shape the future of our global economy.
About VeResearch Program
The Foundation will allocate at least 1 million VET tokens in the next 2 years for the purpose of research and development with top universities and research labs around the world. We welcome professors and lead researchers from all fields who are interested in blockchain or blockchain integration to contact us and apply to be a part of the VeResearch Program.
- We look for qualified professors from leading universities and professional researchers from leading research labs to join forces with VeChain.
- We look for blockchain technology innovation research OR blockchain integration with existing tech, focusing on solving real life problems.
- Focused on VeChain Thor blockchain: VeChain Ecosystem, VeChain Thor Public Infrastructure, VeChain Thor blockchain integration with other technologies, etc.
- Foundation will grant from $50K to $1million for research on approved topics.
- We will identify at least 12 teams of research professionals to collaborate with in 2018.
- We welcome all who qualify to apply, and we encourage research teams to apply as well.
Apply by sending an initial email to us at email@example.com with:
- Your name(s), background and published papers.
- Your school(s)/research center of affiliation.
- Your proposed topic of research — please state how this research can benefit blockchain technology advancement OR mass adoption in business and government.
- Your progress so far into these fields if any.
- Your work phone number and email address.
With the VeResearch Program, VeChain is one-step closer to empowering everyone through VeChain Thor. With the support of external academic and research facilities, VeChain will be able to adapt to new technologies and tackle new and unique use cases for interoperable business ecosystems. We are excited to initiate this program and the advancements that come with it. Please consider applying or sharing this opportunity with those who can partner with VeChain.